Holiday Programs – Pre prep to 13yrs
Sunny Skye’s Surf Skills program – QLD State School Summer Holidays (Dec/ Jan)
Sunny Skye’s Surf Skills program kicked off over the 2015/16 summer holidays and was an instant hit.
If you would like to sharpen your child’s surf skills and increase their confidence in the surf, this is the program for you. We have had nothing but great reviews on how the confidence and skills of participants improved over the five day program.
This program pushes children beyond their normal level of confidence and extends their expertise in handling rips, larger surf and knowing their limitations.
The program includes:
- Beach safety, water safety and surf appreciation
- Creek safety, incoming and outgoing tides
- Negotiating sandbars and the surf to swim confidently and consistently in a variety of different conditions
- Board skills*
- Basic resuscitation
** Please note this program does not include beach type activities such as flags
Skye has been in Surf Life Saving for 37 years and has previously worked in surf clubs as an age manager, coach and chairperson.
As a swimming teacher for 25 years and with her love of children, swimming and the beach, Skye wants to help children build their surf skills and knowledge. She also endeavours to teach those children not attending nippers about the ocean.
* This program is not affiliated with Surf Life Saving Australia.
NEXT PROGRAM DETAILS
- Monday the 14th of December 2020 – Friday the 17th of December 2020
- Monday the 18th of January 2021 – Friday the 22nd of January 2021
Pre-preps – Beginners
- 3:30pm – 4:15pm (Be ready 15 minutes prior to get the most out of the program)
Intermediate – Advanced
- 4:15pm – 5:30pm (Be ready 15 minutes prior to get the most out of the program)
- Tallebudgera Creek, and
- Tallebudgera Beach
- $95 Beginners Program
- $110 Intermediate Program
Plus ONE of the following compulsory packs
- $30 for Sunny Skye’s Rash Vest and Cap pack (required for all Sunny Skye’s Open Water and Surf Skills programs)
- $50 for Sunny Skye’s Wetsuit Vest and Cap pack (required for all Sunny Skye’s Open Water and Surf Skills programs)
HOW TO BOOK:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in this program (numbers are limited)
SWIM INTENSIVE PROGRAMS
Supercharge your child’s swimming ability with a five-day intensive swimming program, here at Sunny Skyes.
* Available throughout the Queensland public/private school holidays
The program is designed to tailor each child’s specific needs, whether they are a beginner or intermediate swimmer. Whether you are looking for an improvement in confidence, improved skills (e.g. stroke correction), or competency in the water, we will deliver.
Results are guaranteed and children will leave feeling and clearly displaying, more confidence and competence in the water if the full five-day program is completed.
PRICING FOR OUR SUMMER INTENSIVES
$125 FOR 1:1 – 1 STUDENT 1 TEACHER 15 MINUTE LESSON (Ages 14 months – 24 months)
$200 FOR 1:1 – 1 STUDENT 1 TEACHER 30 MINUTE LESSON
$230 FOR 1:2 – 2 STUDENTS 1 TEACHER 30 MINUTE LESSON (Time allocated to each student depends on ability)
Current clients enrolled in lessons receive a discount. Please see information sheets at the pool.